View Single Post

Old 06-17-2019, 08:04 AM
Default Must be some better ideas for product containers out there

Personally I would label myself "average" as far as being aware of recycling and control of waste, but lately I've been thinking/questioning more and more if there might not be a better way of doing things. One example, I absolutely love the weed, insect, fertilizers, and fungus products that come in the bottles you attach to the hose. So easy, so fast, don't even need to put on "work" clothes, and so incredibly inexpensive compared to hiring gardener/lawn people to do it, but, lately I have wondered if anyone has thought of a way to just refill the bottles rather than purchase the entire hose fitted container each time. I know the same applications can be bought in large gallon or more heavy plastic containers, but then you get into the messy mixing like the old garden sprayers. I think there is plenty of opportunity for some ingenuity. Could things like laundry detergent, fabric softener, etc. come in the "old fashioned" paper cartons like some milk and juice still does ? Or, are these as much of a problem as the thick plastic such things now come in ? What about mouth wash and such, could it come in cartons like juice ?

Last edited by Ladygolfer93; 06-17-2019 at 08:10 AM. Reason: context clarification