Thread: Comcast Outage
View Single Post

Old 06-20-2019, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,876 Times in 950 Posts
Default My opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Well, less than 2 weeks ago an Xfinity crew came into several yards including ours, dug holes in order to lay new cable for upgraded service. They cut our cable to the house, didn't say a word, wound it up tightly and tossed it behind the utility box.
We were without service for part of 3 days. On the phone they said they would credit our acct. $80, with we thought high. They credited $20, which was less than they said, but ok by us. Now another crew digging has done more damage. Probably a Comcast crew, but who knows.
We haven't been very pleased with Xfinity recently.
BTW, still out at 6:50 pm.
Cable companies have among the highest customer dissatisfaction rates of any companies consumers deal with.
We are comcast customers and were without service till about 5 pm. The triple play TV, Phone and computer all down.

The best thing about comcast is that the others stink as well.

As to digging on your property. This seems to be a regular practice in the Villages. Seems to me they should need to ring your bell to get permission. I would wonder are you obligated if they enter your property and your dog, pet alligator takes a bite out of them?

Comcast according to one of the workers I spoke to uses subcontractors. They do not seem to have any need to do a proper job.

We had a cut cable due to our neighbor having a pool put in.
It was like watching the three stooges. I called to report that the cable was cut and where it was cut. Comcast sent a guy who was only authorized to check our home wiring. His conclusion cable is cut. A day or two later they sent another,
contractor or company guy who ran an un-burried cable it sat for about a year till his lawn guy cut it with a mower. Seems they use brown colored cable to bury and black is supposed to be above ground. Then they sent yet another crew and they installed brown cable and buried it. I had to patch their lawn restoration job as they just left the sod laying around with no soil contact. Oh they left an unconnected coil of the brown cable laying on the electric meter. Yet another repair guy came over and simply cut the cable. I don't know. We are currently connected-till the system went down-with either black or brown cable and I have a piece of brown cable that seems to be connected that was buried not 8 inches down but about 1/4 inch-threw some of MY mulch over it and done.