Thread: Sink Hole
View Single Post

Old 06-20-2019, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Channel 9 in Orlando did a story on this about six months ago, you can find it at this link along with a printed story.

Calumet Grove – The Villages Sinkholes | Interactive Sinkhole Maps

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Perfect Pictures, now just add about 2 to 3 feet of overgrown garbage and a breeding ground for insect, snakes, rats, who knows. It is hard to believe that in the land of other small things being a crisis that this is allowed to exist. Plus those Orange and White Humongous Traffic Blocking Jersey Barriers made of Plastic really add to the Two Addams Family or Munster Looking Shacks. The Pictures John supplied are beautiful compared to the condition now.

I would go to take the pictures but honestly, from the bottom of my heart, I wouldn't want to disrespect the existing residents with our presence there at this point. Maybe once everything is fixed up I would go up there again. Dog Poop, Problem, White Crosses, Problem, Men Driving With Their Leg hanging Outta The Golf Cart, Problem, This That and The Other Thing Problems that GET ATTENTION. But this Languishes! Methinks something is Rotten Somewhere. WAKE UP TODAY AND HELP THIS ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD, PLEASE!

I am out as of this post. I don't have anything of value to add now other than what I've shared. I wish I was Filthy Oracle Of The Villages Rich. With the stroke of a pen, I'd solve the entire thing for them. Unfortunately, I'm just me and really don't have any answer's here.