View Single Post

Old 06-22-2019, 02:15 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

No guy ever said that their garage was too big. Storage space is a premium here....and I am sure that this has increased the value of his home quite a bit.

In the Preserve the Villages is starting to build attached RV garages. In other nearby communities these are becoming very popular. Now those are big garages.

I have also seen additions that have been 2 story garages with car lifts in them so you could drive a car under a car. These lifts have gotten to be inexpensive so if you have the space/height they are quite desirable.

In my previous community just outside The Villages, I designed and built myself a second attached garage...the only one in the neighborhood. It was proportioned well and fit nicely on the lot. I never heard even one negative comment. Since I did all the work myself, it cost me about 10-12k to do it. I sold that home for well over 50,000 more than any other home in the neighborhood, largely because of that extra garage space.

I understand everyone's feelings on this....on one hand you do not want every home to look exactly alike, and you also do not want an eyesore. I personally think this is well within those extremes.

Frank