View Single Post

Old 06-23-2019, 06:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdm1222 View Post
Unbearably hot and humid from May to November. Congested and overcrowded from January to May. Answer your question?
That’s realistic answer.

We are still snowbirds due to a family situation, when it changes with that elderly parent there’s a 99.99% chance we’ll pull up roots and settle here. I do have some reservations about moving here completely. My wife does not because she doesn’t have any family and very few friends in the north. I have an extensive network of friends and family in the small state we are from. I like being a big fish in a small sea rather than a small fish in a big sea. In other words the state I come from is smaller than Marion County. It’s not unusual for us to be in a restaurant, shopping mall or any other location and to see someone I know. For instance last evening we were out for dinner in one of the many fine restaurants here. While dining I met 2 friends who I haven’t see in a few years. I like that extended network moving here completely I’ll lose that. One real positive though I belong to organization that is worldwide and members of that organization meet daily at different locations in TV and everywhere else in Florida and the USA. Since we all have a common interest it’s easy to meet quality people thru that organization.

In an ideal world I would like to spend 8 or 9 months in TV and 3 to 4 in my home state. Only time will tell.