View Single Post

Old 06-24-2019, 10:04 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,798 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
It's my understanding that the owner bought the extra large corner lot, then got approval to build the garages. My advice to his neighbors is quit stressing over something you can't do anything about. If he starts running a repair shop out of it, then you have a legitimate gripe. I have never seen where people fight over how a house in the neighborhood looks because they don't like it. Most people just think to themselves, "man that house is ugly" It's not your house, you don't have to like it.
One huge problem with that philosophy is the value of surrounding homes just dropped because people find it an eyesore. You have a very small market of people who would want to live next to it and that may be someone who hopes to rent. Perhaps making reparations to the homeowners for loss of home value would make the situation more tolerable to them.

Grandstanding is in the eye of the beholder. Neighbors are upset by this addition and they have the right to an opinion and they appear to have first hand knowledge...........

Last edited by Aces4; 06-24-2019 at 10:14 AM.