View Single Post

Old 06-26-2019, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1941 View Post
"Nasty looking old man".......really........how about "Inconsiderate elderly man" Don't judge all of us by the actions of one.
"Nasty looking old man Yes, he really was a nasty looking old man. Not too clean, big tall person who towered over me, and the expression on his face was really unpleasant. On reflection I am sure he was probably a very unhappy person just trying to get through his day. But, this is not the way to do it. Had he smiled and asked me if I could move forward I would have been pleased to oblige him, but DO NOT EVER shush a woman you do not know in a public place, or you pay the consequences - he will never do it again.

The reason for my annoyance is lost on the MEN who are replying here. This world has changed. This person had no reason AT ALL to talk to me, try to move me up, shush me and shoo me further down the check out line. He had half the belt to unload his items, the cashier in Aldi's is lightening fast and I was almost done when this altercation happened, and there was plenty of room for both he and I to unload. I had already placed the spacer at the end of my shopping so that he could proceed to unload. The whole point of this discussion is that he felt he was entitled to address me in such a way without even knowing me. Those days are gone, long gone and he was fortunate that I was not a young women who would have really torn him up one side and down the other.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 06-26-2019 at 11:45 AM.