View Single Post

Old 06-27-2019, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

So, three years ago, one person was killed because his GOLF CART was hit by a PICKUP TRUCK, and you're implying that the brand of golf cart is unsafe because of that? Golf carts aren't known to be "safe" vehicles. Atomic carts have safety features that make them "less unsafe" than other carts. Doesn't make them safe, but it does make them less unsafe. It's a precarious distinction I know, but it's a distinction nonetheless. From what I've seen of them up close (a few, not a lot) they remind me in some ways of Smart Cars.

To the person who asked who makes them: They're made by Atomic, and sold by Atomic, of Wildwood Florida.

Regarding seat belts in carts: we will definitely want to have those added to our used cart once we get down there full time, but we're on a budget. Having a cart at all was the bigger priority. We got the best we could afford, and we'll be adding things when we have time and money to pay for the things that it didn't come with. I feel a bit nervous not being strapped in. I'm a cautious driver, never assuming the other guy has a clue and being pro-active with regards to my own safety. But me being a good driver doesn't prevent someone else from doing something stupid. And no matter how good a drive I may be, it would be dangerous to assume I'm not capable of flat out making a mistake. Once. In a lifetime. Maybe