Thread: Why
View Single Post

Old 06-30-2019, 06:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,654 Times in 3,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Since this is under Medical and Health Discussion, I am guessing the observation is from a medical background, with the knowledge that each person observed is retired and living here.

Or could the OPs observation be those who are here for that multi day world win lifestyle, that in a few fleeting days think they need to make the decision of a lifetime.
Or those who have just a few days to get their new house in order to return to their current home.
Or the growing population that have moved here working remotely from home.
Possibly the many who are visiting and trying to capture every moment as quickly as possible.
As for it being a medical issue I would need to leave that up to their health care provider
I haven't really experienced any unusually slow service anywhere I've been in the Villages. Only at Red Sauce, but it was pretty crowded so we expected delays. We sat in for dinner on a Saturday evening. We waited MUCH longer than we felt we should have. From the time we were seated, til the time the server came to greet us was almost 10 minutes. Then another 10 minutes to bring our water glasses. And around 1/2 hour to get dinner. Took us around 1/2 hour to eat (four of us), and another 20 minutes to get the check once they saw we were finished.

The food was great though, so we endured the wait. I only wished we had known what it'd be like in advance so we could've asked for bread or salads or something right away. We came there hungry and my mom ended up with a migraine from having to wait so long to eat.

That was the worst experience I've had in waiting. Everything else has been completely reasonable and more or less expected.

But I do definitely see people who enjoy taking up a LOT of time at their tables, more than seems reasonable. During the actual dinner hour, guests should just be mindful of the fact that there are people waiting to occupy their table. They shouldn't ever feel rushed, however they also shouldn't be assuming that they can just sit there another hour after they're finished, during the dinner hour, while there are people waiting in line to be seated.