View Single Post

Old 06-30-2019, 02:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I understand that, but that wasn't the question/concern.
The country clubs advertise that the pool, spas, and tennis are part of the club. Either you're a member of the club, and entitled to using those things that are "part of the club" or you're not. They shouldn't be having it both ways.

I shouldn't have to pay for membership to a club I'm already a member of. These are membership fees, not useage fees.

In other words - I should be permitted to visit the pool, because I am a member of a club that has a pool. Perhaps as a non-priority member I'm only allowed to visit in the mornings during the weekdays, and after 6pm on weekend evenings. Or perhaps if I want to visit the pool, I'd have to pay a $1 locker fee each time I go, because I'm not a priority member.

But as a member, I should be permitted to use an amenity of the club, EVEN if I have to pay per visit. I shouldn't have to pay a whole year's membership fee for the club, since I'm already a member.
I know nothing about any of this. However, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Some may think it's only semantics and that you are possibly "dancing on the head of a pin" but if your facts, as stated are correct, I think you are justified in your position.

Of course since I am a person who loathes the "10 items or less" signs in most supermarkets (applause to Publix's use of "10 items or fewer"), take it from where it comes. LOL

Signed,

An occasional pin-head dancer.

PS

Sometimes it is the small details that count as in the example whereby the lack of capitalization of just two letters dramatically changes the meaning of a sentence:

Helping your Uncle Jack off a horse. vs
Helping your uncle jack off a horse.