View Single Post

Old 06-30-2019, 09:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We all do our best. I make an occasional mistake like daily because I am rushed or distracted. People have other physical and mental shortcoming that prevent them from being perfect. To point it out is a crime. IMHO.

Each day when I left work my desk was spotless. Paperwork put in the proper place and the desk wiped down. I rarely had to type a disciplinary letter to an employee or proposal to a customer. We had a staff who took care of those things and each manager had to Proofread the letter before it went to its destination. I swear it's true but I was the go to guy for ideas, words, concepts to make a letter valuable instead of just a run of the mill letter. My boss on the other hand was a Hoarder and I don't know that there was actually a desk under all the junk. He claimed to be a genius and as long as he was paying I was going along for the ride. He couldn't spell to save his hide. I never made him feel bad or revealed it to anybody. Why would I, we were a team. He helped me to be a better Manager and treated me well for a long time. We worked on things together.

I have found a tool on the computer that is free and invaluable and it's called Grammarly. I also use a Old School Dictionary, Online Dictionary and Online Urban Dictionary. I was called out for misspelling the word They. I typed The. One letter off and the meaning of the sentence couldn't be misunderstood by a Grandchild.

I understand where Biker 1 is coming from with the Liability statement but I also think it depends on what your job is or was. For me, I was working either at a Quarry, Concrete Manufacturer, Cement Supplier or Masonry Supplies Business. A spelling mistake does make you think the person you received it from is about as stable as Jello but to point it out makes you look like you play Handball Against The Curb! Small.

We had one other Boss. He never wrote a letter in his life, everything was verbal and only to one person and never wore a watch because he had someone with him who wore a watch. Pretty Cool!

Some of the slips of a letter are funny as hell, BK has pointed out several that are fantastically funny. People and how you treat others and how you live are what really count to me. If you see things differently thats cool with me. To Each Their Own! Having a good laugh and not busting people seem to be more fun to me then being critical.

Last edited by Nucky; 07-15-2019 at 08:03 AM.