View Single Post

Old 07-01-2019, 09:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
All I ever heard from the Village Sales Deptment was how the developer was so organized and would take care of major problems quickly. Example was when the tornado hit Mallory and supposedly his contractors were out the next day helping to clean up.
When the hurricane Irma hit a two years ago, it took forever to get things cleaned up. Damaged trees and related were left at mail facilities for weeks. There are now two homes that have sat for over a year due to damage apparently resulting from sinkholes that occurred due to improper storm drain lines (that are taking forever to repair). I realize these issues are the responsibility of the respective districts however we all know the developer could step in and get things resolved quickly.
It is clear to me, that the developer has abandoned the Northern areas of the Villages. Specificaly the condemned sinkhole homes in District 4, and the DRY LAKES in Districts 2 and 4. All this suggests to me the new/current generation of the developer family is nothing like the former. It is all about the next 1,000 acres to develop. I suppose there is no guarantee against SINKHOLES OR DRY LAKES in the newer Villages either!
Is it safe to assume that is what happens with the Developers that built where you live?

Berks County Pennsylvania