Thread: Why
View Single Post

Old 07-02-2019, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I read this post with interest because I could see myself. I walk fast, I move fast, I talk fast and I expect others to do the same. That said I do have some comments on the points made:
Someone said about people shopping as couples – yes I have often seen this, but I have also seen that one of them is either infirm or actually has some form of dementia and cannot be left at home alone. Yes, it is painful when one of the them steps off to get something off the shelf and leaves the other standing in the middle of the aisle with the cart. Annoying yes, but when I stop and actually think about it I realize it could be me and how lucky I am not to have to deal with that situation, and how much real time does it cost you out of your day?

Coming up on someone doing the speed limit, or just under, yes very annoying, but hopefully you will come to a place in the road where you can safely pass.

One of my pet peeves, having someone come rushing out of a turning in front of you and then slow right down and made worse by the fact that there is nothing behind you. My husband and I have discussed this and realized that the person jumping out of the turning in front of you is a terrible driver and has no idea what they are doing.

To the person who lives here and is still working …. You have chosen to live in a retirement community, leave earlier to get wherever you are going in the event you are going to get held up. When I lived in Massachusetts I used to have to leave half an hour earlier just to get on the highway!!!

I believe it all comes down to a lack of commonsense, a commodity much lacking these days.

No, I am not a perpetual optimist, but after having a major stroke scare a year or so ago, I learned Yoga breathing, so that when I am on the verge on standing on my horn in frustration I practice Yoga deep breathing which really does work, and I can feel my blood pressure going down.

So now, within the next five minutes, I am going to go out in the car and hope I can practice what I preach.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak