Thread: Why
View Single Post

Old 07-02-2019, 07:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickbent View Post
It's a regional culture thing as a generality (allowing a for a few exceptions): There ar several thousands of New Yorkers (the metro area kind), New Jhoosey people, and a few Bostonians who have not yet acclimated. We moved up to here from near the Palm Beach county crowd-too many transplants there with these "in your face", aggressive habits, general lack of civility, if not downright rudeness. We are hoping to get away from all that by enjoying the greater mix of people from the middle west, the real South, the western states (less some of California) who generally know or at least try to gear down to enjoy an easier, genteel pace of retired life.
Yup, when a person is new here they, including me, Usually Paint With A Wide Brush. I'm a Jorsey person who has made great strides at losing the Edge you speak of. It's a survival technique in the Tri-State area you know being that way. I don't even feel like attacking you for your unkind words. If that's the way you feel, I feel sorry for you. By the way, I don't think you mentioned where you are from? Can you reveal it? Do you live in The Villages already? Definitely, not looking for your address.

Truly it is a rarity to meet someone in The Villages who is UNKIND. That is of course unless they are hiding behind a Keyboard. Face to Face everyone seems to be fine.

Check back in six months your outlook will probably change.

P.S. Very Nice First Post! Maybe Your Observations Are A Little Skewed? Peace Out!