Thread: Why
View Single Post

Old 07-02-2019, 07:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

Nucky, I too come from a very populated city. Our residents here act like the ones I met in Manhattan and now I believe it has not so much to do with being in the NE as it does with over crowding. Too much density, too much activity, too much of everything.

When you overcrowd animals they turn on each other. It also happens with insects. I believe that it is post traumatic stress and inhuman living conditions in those tall apartment buildings with limited green space, no trees on the streets, no birds, no living things. They are unfit for humans even if they come with gold tipped soaking bathtubs etc. Living walking distance to the opera, and theaters is not going to make up for all the people all the time that you are tripping over, that you must compete against just to survive. I believe such living conditions cause permanent PTSD and these people cannot relax even in retirement.

At least I can say this is true for my north city. And the cranes are still out, they are constructing more and more high rises. More buildings, more density, more congestion and our politicians are mostly looking forwards to all the property tax they are going to collect. They are smacking their lips. It is so sad I believe it is slow suicide for the people of the city.