View Single Post

Old 07-03-2019, 05:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,530 Times in 715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlayton View Post
It would be an interesting video to see drone footage leading from the Everglades Rec Center to Brownwood following the projected multi-modal (cart) path.
It's on the list of flights I want to do and is technically achievable (only 3 1/4 miles), there are two hurdles yet to overcome.

The first is being able to maintain a visual line of site on the aircraft, Everglades to the new bridge location is now achievable with the roads that are now open. From the bridge location to Brownwood is much more difficult due to the tree height along the Turnpike. Gaining an access to the middle of the area between the Turnpike and Brownwood to maintain visibility is no longer possible without trespassing, which I won't do. I can't afford the bail for my spotters if they're arrested and would probably lose their services if they picked up a criminal record in the process of helping me out.

Second, while the developer and I don't always see eye-to-eye on what I want to show everyone, I do understand their position on proprietary construction techniques and their desire to weave the story of The Villages as it grows. To this end we have a verbal agreement that I want and intend to honor. This video was only possible because I was able to transit along the Turnpike property right-of-way without endangering cars and people below and still maintain a line of sight of the drone.

Just as soon as it's possible I'll be making the flight. It's the last link in a planned flight between the Mulberry Grove to Fenney Rec Centers.

For now I can tell you that to the untrained eye, they're moving a lot of dirt with little distinguishable or interesting.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776