View Single Post

Old 07-04-2019, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
One of the ideals of this country is freedom of speech which you try to stifle with anyone who does not agree with you or questions your facts. You do not need to minimize the displays of patriotism by people who proudly display the flag of their country. My father in law had one placed on his casket so it truly means something.
Sorry about your father in law for sure. God has him now.

I know that feeling from being there and then attending so many funerals of friends of mine, both made in Nam and at home.

I was responding to a post that implied that if someone does not have a flag they are not patriotic.

Not sure what you are offended by. Read the posts and imagine being a vet or whatever and not having a flag outside. Actually, the OP in the first post alluded to "patriotism waning" because HE did not see many flags. That is hogwash. From post 1 "Easy to see that patriotism is waning across the country." because this poster, in his opinion it was EASY to tell tht
NOBODY questioned anyone about flying flags...that was made up by the poster.....I simply am offended by this line "I don't think their patriotism needs to be examined or challenged." since nobody questioned anyone EXCEPT for alluding to patriotism as someone who flies a flag and thus if you dont....

And nobody minimized anything....EVER.

Patriotism is not adherence to ANY political stance, but love of country OVER AND ABOVE any political stance. When people are called names because of political beliefs or endorse that, it is a far cry from patriotism and in fact is the opposite.

Last edited by Bucco; 07-04-2019 at 01:18 PM.