View Single Post

Old 07-04-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I'm sorry the previous two posters are dismissive of your question. Civil-minded people appreciate that there are no stupid questions and if they don't know the answer and don't care about the topic, they'd simply not respond.

I did some checking and found The Villages Entertainment website's blurb on the event here:
All American Brews and Cruise VIP Experience - The Villages Entertainment : The Villages Entertainment

For $50 you get: VIP tent access, reserved seating, direct access to the dance floor, bluefin appetizers, 2 free drink tickets, and a VIP cash bar.

I don't know what the appetizer menu is, whether those drink tickets are for any drink or only a select list, nor do I know if that cash bar has reduced pricing, or any special drinks that might cost more (or less), nor do I know if happy hour pricing will be valid at this cash bar. The website didn't specify one way or another.

Two tickets would be 80 bucks, a savings of 10 dollars per person. A table for 6 is $225, which comes out to $37.50 per person, a savings of $12.50 per person.

All of the rest of the event is free to everyone, including non-reserved seating, market vendors, an information tent with a drawing for some kind of prize, a craft beer tent (which I assume you'd have to pay for the beer itself, you just don't have to pay an entry fee to get in line), food trucks (you definitely have to pay them for the food), and the actual entertainment itself.

I don't know who gets the money but The Villages Entertainment is a for-profit entity.
I almost alway agree with your position, but more important, I want to recognize that you always post a civil, well-reasoned, and helpful reply.