View Single Post

Old 07-06-2019, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Depends on the level you play at and what you done at work? If you compete at high level, then you have to put in the time to be able to compete at that level. I play tennis, pickleball, and some golf, even shooting pool requires some warm up (bending over the table and being to break balls hard)

For active sports stretching and light exercising the muscles especially early morning is must. You also have to be within reason the proper weight limit, 20 pounds plus over weight is good way to stay injured.

I even stretch before doing any yard work. Especially pulling weeks or bending over for very long. Still with good warm up and within 15 pounds of my premium weight I still pull something from over playing or previous injury for working 48 plus years.

There also point that you just can’t compete at the high level you want to and have to slow down to be able to continue without major injuries. Pickleball not good sport for someone who’s never played racket sports. You really have to start 6 month before hand to be able to move, change directions, and stretch out for balls cause you’re using muscles and stretching tendons that haven’t been tested for long time.