Thread: need new fridge
View Single Post

Old 07-08-2019, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Make you measure your width and depth so you will have a unit that will fit, in our CYV we couldn't go with a side-by-side but we got one with a French door.

We started by replacing the cheap Westinghouse W&D that came with our home, and then decided to do the entire kitchen. I spent several hours on the Home Depot, Lowes, Amazon and Best Buy websites looking at reviews. Just open them all up in different browsers so you can flip around.

When it was over, I found LG ranked great in washers, especially top loaders over front loaders and then studied the kitchen appliances and LG came out ahead again. We then compared prices and found Best Buy was generally cheaper and after we got there and got the assistant manager involved, we got really great prices. They matched the veteran discount of Lowes, gave us $100 store credit cards, gave us Google Home devices and free towaway of old appliances and discounted everything just like a car dealer.

My advice is start with looking at Best Buy website and LG as a brand and work your way around. I bought a Samsung 75" TV at the same time from Best Buy and it just went out, the power board needed replacing after two years. I found Samsung had bad reviews on most other items, my personal opinion, stay away from Samsung.

Also, if you buy from Lowes beware they only deliver form the store you purchased. So if there is a unit you really like and that store is out, you won't be able to buy it until it is restocked. Best Buy delivers from a central warehouse near Orlando and has almost everything in stock. I also found that I had picked a microwave and oven that were a different line than the refrigerator and dishwasher and the sales associate noticed that the handles would not match. So if buying more than one item, keep that in mind and the Best Buy sales person seemed very knowledgeable.