View Single Post

Old 07-08-2019, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dond1959 View Post
Seoul, I disagree very strongly that we have no heroes these days. You may not see them on TV or read about them in the paper, but there are some outstanding young people working very hard and sacrificing for our country. Each older generation thinks the one following behind is worthless, but the generation behind always rises to the occasion. I am proud of my two sons and I am sure there are many on here who are proud of their kids and grandkids. Even in sports there are great individuals giving back to their communities and using their wealth to help others. All is not lost!
"The Millennials were born between 1980 and 2004. This group grew up with computers, social media, and technological advancement never seen during their parents’ and grandparents’ youth. They have witnessed terrorism and school shootings, and a large number came from divorced homes. Technology brings worldwide events into local consciousness and the Internet keeps them wired at all times. Given their experiences, it is understandable they would feel more fear and anxiety than their predecessors. At the same time, they have shown great courage as they advocated in the Me Too Movement, marched for gay rights, gun control, and women's issues. They are a diverse group and are perceived as being more accepting of those who differ from the norm."

Why Do Today's Youth Seem So Different? | Psychology Today

As our world becomes smaller and smaller (despite efforts to stop that) the actions of these youth are vital to our country and world.

Youth offers me engouragement