View Single Post

Old 07-09-2019, 11:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Why not check out the websites of these hospitals, and do some google searches for more information? Also there is a website called Charity Navigator Charity Navigator - Your Guide To Intelligent Giving | Home where you can check out thousands of charitable organizations and non-profits.

Also it is not "illegal" to not have health insurance, whether you can afford it or not. Medicaid does not provide any money to sick children based on the *quality* of their health insurance. If they qualify to have mediocre health insurance, and have only mediocre health insurance, then they are not eligible for Medicaid at all.

You can learn all of these things on the internet. I would never take an advertisement for ANYTHING at face value, and certainly not matters of life or death, or financial investment.
I think that the ACA requires almost eveyone to have health insurance, with very few exceptions. The penalties for not having insurance are not being enforced, but I believe it is still illegal to not have insurance.

I do use Charity Navigator a lot, and often read the Form 990, which is required by the IRS as an annual financial reporting document. I usually find that these forms are deliberately misleading and it is almost impossible to determine whether a charity is spending their money efficiently. Hopefully, Charity Navigator's ratings are not based solely on the Form 990.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 07-09-2019 at 12:13 PM.