View Single Post

Old 07-10-2019, 07:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
Since I have lived here over 15 years now, it has been eye opening to observe the HUGE differences in "who" is "allowed" to do "what". Guess it depends on WHO you are ! There are different "rules" in different villages of course, some people have their fountains "disabled" by the village watch dogs in the white trucks, others have had these "gentlemen" actually come onto their property AFTER dusk to remove small statues and in one case a small cross a neighbor put in a very discrete location in a landscaped area. I understand these things happen due to "the people of America's friendliest hometown", calling and complaining about each other. Such a sorry state as the couple above, who like my sister-in-law and hubby, bought a downright beautiful home from TV's with lovely expensive landscaping, only to find out a few months later NO ONE, not a single person involved from the villages, the bank, the attorney involved, not a sole told them or checked FOR them on their behalf, that the landscaping was not in compliance as it extended 2" over the legal line. WHERE are, or WHAT do, you pay for title insurance for, for nothing ? Now most recently I noticed, that although a friend who wanted to sell her villa to build a new home in Brownwood, was told she must remove the for sale sign immediately (also delivered by the little white truck "watch" man) or else..... the or else was not explained. Six doors away there was, and still is, a huge sign posted right on the garage door, the difference ? Well, apparently Re-Max, and especially one person in Re-Max has special privileges from the Villages. Today I was driving in the village of Bonnybrook, sure enough, this same special person from Re-Max has a large (forbidden) sign on the garage of a designer home. So, did I race back to my village to call and report this ? NO WAY, unlike a few people, I have better things to do with my life and my time than see how many people get by with things the rest of us never could. Resentful, LOL, may sound like it but I honestly think it's a kind of funny/sad. Hope the people's children described above DO get to keep their nicely done landscaping, it's probably part of the reason they bought the place !
Well, that's quite a rant. I hope that you feel better now and are able to enjoy day.