View Single Post

Old 07-10-2019, 02:23 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
And when they get some restaurants down there. They are trying to make do with the roach coaches. Better than nothing I guess.
The food trucks they are bringing in are far from the roach coaches of days gone by. It is a very competitive business. The food I've eaten from these trucks in the last 10-15 years working in construction was consistently better than any fast food joints and usually better than most local restaurant and national chains.

What they are trying at the pitch & put is a different model. Drinks and a place to sit with a mobile restaurant that can be changed out easily as tastes change, and the ability to increase the capacity when events call for it with no additional costs incurred. If the weather is bad or business is slow they (The Villages) don't have to incur a loss on a restaurant staffing and food costs.

I don't believe this is a short term fix, it's more likely a long term addition, and if it doesn't work out they have little at risk.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776