View Single Post

Old 07-11-2019, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I played it once about six years ago in the winter for $22, I thought this is great. When I was finished, I felt like they should of paid me. The driving range only went to 165 yards. When the starter said, you're up, I said who are those people in the middle of my fairway coming this way. He said, oh they're on the ninth hole. The first and ninth are both doglegs and the two holes together would of made one decent fairway. There is a par 3 that actually crosses over the entrance road, so you have to have someone watch and make sure a car is not coming. What they have is an 18 hole course built on land that maybe a 12 hole course should of been built. One good thing for TV, there is one fairway that has, I believe it's Pennecamp, villas running down the side of the fairway and it's not setback but right up on the course. I thought that was interesting.

The strangest thing about my round, was I was paired with a couple who were living in an RV on a campground on 44. They asked how nice TV courses were since they couldn't to play them. I then began wondering, why am I playing this place. The man kept making phone calls, he had bought 3 pairs of new shorts at Belks and he said they were too long and he had a seamstress in Wildwood shortening his pants. I've been to Belks, if anything, the mens shorts they sell are mostly from the 80's.