View Single Post

Old 07-16-2019, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Why not have a window AC unit in the shed for emergencies? If "it" hits the fan, you can put that puppy in the bedroom and the generator could probably handle that just fine without needing it to run the whole house's central AC system.

The rest of the house will be just as miserable as you'd expect, but you'd only have to go to your own bedroom to cool off.

I'm guessing during emergencies, the "rules and regs" about window units are tabled. I doubt anyone from the watch will come over and order you to remove it, if there's no power in the area and you're running a generator for a few days.
We have one other person to consider if the power went out. No way we would leave this person behind if we bailed out and NO way would this person stay in our bedroom so there is the dilemma. I didn't factor this into my early thinking. Thankfully my wife brought it up.

The guy across the street from me had a whopper sized Generator when we got the green lite to return and that power had been restored. The news was slightly premature. The noise from that Generator was just terrible. I didn't pay attention to exactly what size Generator it was and he moved. I'm gonna go with the best I have figured on over and over and I have a feeling if I do purchase it we will never need it. Hope I'm still laughing for years to come.