View Single Post

Old 07-16-2019, 10:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

We've been Codys customers in The Villages from day one at LSL, and now Brownwood. We've seen mostly good employees( but not all ), mostly good meals ( but not all ), and for the most part, good store managers. Over the past few months, we have opted for drinks, wings, salads, and bar burgers at the bar, versus taking a chance on a full dinner. It is extremely difficult to hire and maintain a good and reliable staff that can pass a drug test. It took Bluefin and now The Chop House several months to staff up. But, if you are in the restaurant business, you've got to figure this out. Customers want good meals in a clean establishment, with no excuses.
Back to Codys, my humble opinion is... The owner(s) have expanded beyond their capabilities operating four locations. And they put alot of faith and trust in regional management that appears to be all fluff, no substance. I sincerely wish them well, and we'll go back for drinks and wings, but they need customers buying dinners, and I don't trust them for that.