View Single Post

Old 07-16-2019, 09:47 PM
Location: Current: Daphne, [Sweet Home] Alabama - Me: Native Floridian - Her: Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJBama View Post
Buy a rental, that what we do from the extreme north of 'Bama. Fairly easy to manage yourself. You can rent unfinished as a long term unit or as a furnished monthly property.

Once in TV you will have to refrain from laughing at those who claim Florida property taxes are low. They are triple the Heart of Dixie state property tax rate.
That's basically what I was thinking, favoring short term renting versus long term if we decide to purchase now. The wife and I are traveling to TV this Thursday AM for an extended weekend so she can get acclimated to the area and to see a few open houses, two of them are "turnkey" should be interesting.

I am native to Florida, born and raised in West Palm Beach, Boca Raton area, lived 5 years in the Keys and in Daytona Beach area before moving to AL so I am familiar with the property tax shock. When I got my quote in 2015 for the house we have now in AL I though the quote was a quarterly payment amount, not yearly.

Appreciate your input!