Thread: Magic jack
View Single Post

Old 07-17-2019, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
We use Ooma too. The voice quality is good but we have two complaints: When Comcast goes off or there is something wrong with the Wifi, there is no service. The other thing is the amount of spam calls. Even though we pay for the "Premier" plan that allows call blocking, we always get at least three or four spam calls per day.
The spam calls mainly depends on the number you get. If it's a "new randomly assigned" number it is usually recycled meaning someone else had it before you. That person could have been a deadbeat or a adult massager or maybe even a drug dealer or someone who posted the number very often online so you are getting all their spam calls. The 352 number we were randomly given about 2 years ago, now on the "free" plan, has not received 1 single spam call or even a wrong number since we got it. Tracking where it came from online it was originally an AT&T cell number. So many numbers are "recycled" you never know what it's previous history was. I did an internet search on my probably 30+ yr old NJ CELL NUMBER and it is all over the place including on the "dark web" along with my email addresses and a few previous passwords which explains the 20+ spam calls I get every week (EVEN WITH a spam blocker app). Many don't get through but quite a few do.