View Single Post

Old 10-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Remember Little Italy in the 60's standing on line at Luna's in the kitchen, the wonderful smell of garlic, olive oil and tomato. The owner would bring us bread to eat while we waited to be seated. Going to Puglia's for family style eating, the red wine with fruit (who needed dessert) and the family planing a mandolin and singing Italian songs to serenade the diners.

Remember China Town with Hong Fat, Sum Hey the famous rice shops used in Woody Allen movies. The Lime house (the only Italian rest. in Chinatown) on the corner of Bayard and Mott where I learned about "Hot Shrimp and Calamari".

The stories we could share, funny how a good Saturday date (with my wife) brings back a flood of memories.

We have to get together to share them

CIB: That's why some of us Snowbird to have the best of both worlds
Donna: Seems like we continue to have much in common besides being neighbors

Tkret: Thanks for your service on that grand lady

Shirleevee: I epxect to take the grandkids to visit the Intrepid in the spring and will post pictures.