View Single Post

Old 07-19-2019, 07:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Well, yesterday we went to Harbor Freight and bought The Predator 3kw Inverter Generator Model 3500. It was a little over $650 and then the First gas can $35 (Metal) Stabile for the fuel and a funnel. It fit in the back seat of a Sonata to give you an idea of the size. So far just a little over $700 and we are almost ready to go. Just have to find the correct window A/C.

The final decision was the fuel-sipping point that Toymeister brought up several days ago. Then my wife surprised me by not needing the entire house lit up as normal. We camped a whole lot when the kids were young so her positive attitude about roughing it for a bit was great, she always comes thru in a pinch. The main thing is the necessities are or will be covered so it won't be exactly roughing it but not exactly roughing it either.

I found out about a Propane Conversion kit that is available. This is important to me as I would like to balance the Fuel use between Gasoline and Propane. I am confident in my ability to retrofit this Generator. Consumer Report Rated this particular unit one small notch behind The Honda Units. The price was about half of the Honda units. It came in as the Third Highest Rated out of many. I feel that with the help of many I made a better decision than if I had acted alone and bought The Behemoth Gas Gulping Unit that I was first considering.

I like the Alarm they sell that goes off if you run out of fuel or if someone is trying to steal it and the gas cap that can increase the time between refueling. I bought another camera so I can take a look at what is going on without outside. So Mission Impossible or Improbable has turned out to be Mission almost complete. Now I have to finish the job down to the last drop.

Thank's again for all your ideas and help, much appreciated.