View Single Post

Old 07-21-2019, 02:36 PM
Default This could be part of the problem

Having visited TV for the first time this past April I believe part of the problem can be traced to men (and women too) who have played plenty of golf. We have driven hundreds or even thousands of different golf carts and have never even come close to having an accident in a cart. The thing is every cart we have ever used is much much slower than TV golf carts! I would guess on any given course here in Indiana the golf carts have a governor that keeps the top speed between 6 and 10 mph. Just about all the carts in TV go twice that speed and it does take a little time to adjust. If you are like me you get there and you’re all excited to check everything out and have a great time driving around in the golf cart that is supplied for every lifestyle preview visit. You just don’t realize how fast you’re going! The first day of my visit I was tooling down a ramp leading into a tunnel that had a 90 degree turn at the bottom and I had to lock up the brakes to make the turn. I quickly realized I needed to slow down considerably which I did. Fortunately nobody was coming out of the tunnel when that happened or I might have had an accident.