View Single Post

Old 07-23-2019, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Y View Post
One of the LED lights went on the light on the roof in the back of my golf cart. I was informed that they don’t fix the bulbs they replace the whole unit. This light was an little over 1 year old on my 2018 Yamaha cart. I thought LED bulbs lasted for years. I decided to replace the unit with a 2019 setup because I was told by the girl on the phone that they cost the same amount. They do but after the fact I found out it was double the amount of labor when I got the bill.
I paid the bill (not happily) and went to get my golf cart. Here is where I found the Villages Golf carts have NO PRIDE in their work. The rear light unit was mounted at an angle and not straight. The service manager informed me that it was because it was darker inside the garage where they did the work that the service technician could not see well enough to mount it straight. To fix it they had to drill another hole in the back of my golf cart.
Wow what an excuse that they could not see well enough in their garage to mount my light bar straight. I always thought that The Villages Golf Carts was the best place to go for service. I have never seen less pride in workmanship, and a so what we screwed up attitude but it was the lightings fault.
Needless to say I am very disappointed and will think twice before I bring my cart there again.
Steve Y, they were correct that individual LED lamps generally cannot be replaced. I have done these repairs in the past, BUT it is highly dependent on how the LEDs are soldered in place. If they are conventional LEDs with wire leads, I may be able to repair your unit if you still have it. If they are surface mounted, probably not as it is difficult to buy small quantities of surface mount LEDS. Send me a PM if you would like me to look at the old unit.