View Single Post

Old 07-23-2019, 09:59 AM

I support all efforts 100%, one life is worth any cost. However, the reply above from "Skip" comes closer to the problem than any of the conclusions of the study group concerning lighting IN the tunnels and painting them (again, I support this, not panning it). I believe it will be interesting to see exactly how each of these steps affects the desired outcome; NO deaths or injuries. However, I am most curious about the relationship between alcohol and consumption of other drugs, but especially alcohol, along with the totally reckless driving you see each and every day here (much increased in the winters when the population swells of course), and the number of serious "accidents". Attempting to "beat" another cart to the tunnel entrance is common at the tunnels near Miona Rec center and the tunnel past Arnold Palmer club as you go toward village of Bonnybrook entrance. I strongly suspect these variables (alcohol, effects of other drugs legal and illegal on mental state, and just plain reckless driving habits) are actually what results in the highest percentage of these "accidents". But no need to be hateful in your replies, I repeat, I support ANY and ALL efforts to make our community safe for everyone. We have far too many people who "must win" the golf cart path "race".

Last edited by Ladygolfer93; 07-23-2019 at 10:30 AM. Reason: clarity