View Single Post

Old 07-24-2019, 07:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpd3062 View Post
My wife and I have Consumer Cellular and our connectivity here in the villages has been horrible. We have especially had trouble in the new areas south of 44. I believe CC uses at&t network. Which carrier seems to have the best coverage? Thanks
We have been with Consumer Cellular (CC) for a about 3-4 years and love it. In TV, we are generally north of 44 and we don't have any problems.

Here's something you can try and it costs nothing. CC uses both AT&T and T-Mobile. Your phone can connect to only one of them. This is specified by the SIM card that CC put in your phone.

Call CC and ask them which one you are using. Ask CC to send you a new SIM card that connects your phone to the other one. If performance is better, leave it in your phone. If not, put the original SIM card back in.

From what I have read on TOTV, "trouble in the new areas south of 44" seems to be common for all carriers at this time. Also, replace "south of 44" with "south of 466A" and you have the situation reported on TOTV about 5-6 years ago. The carriers can't seem to expand their infrastructure at a pace that keeps up with the expansion of TV.