View Single Post

Old 07-24-2019, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
From a 7/18 Facebook post:

My name is Nikki and my husband is Bob. I would like to introduce ourselves to you. We are the owners of Cane Garden as well as Amerikanós in Spanish Springs. We know there has been some rumors circulating as to who the owners are. We have been in the restaurant business most of our lives. We moved from Nevada two years ago where we owned and operated restaurants. We purchased Amerikanós from the Suleiman’s one year ago and purchased Cane Garden at the end of last year. We have not changed the food or the recipes. Evan is the same chef who has been there since the beginning. Most of the cooks are the same cooks that have been there. The general manager who was at Cane retired when we arrived. But we still have Pam who is amazing and has been here since the beginning. We also still have our amazing bartenders and staff out on the floor. We don’t want to change anything except for the obvious. We just replaced all the kitchen equipment and recently put new carpet in. We will be doing some more updating in the kitchen and anywhere else that will make a more enjoyable experience for you. We will not be closing for any extended period of time as some have rumored. We love Cane Garden and The Villages. We are not a group or a corporation. We love our staff who have been here since the beginning. We would love to answer any questions you have. Please let us know. We look forward to meeting you all.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I just want to point out that Cane Garden was my favorite place to go for pizza for more than 3 years. The pizza recipe was extremely consistent, had a nice, thin crust, and not too much cheese. I used to eat there for lunch almost every week. It would be totally false for the owners to claim that the pizza recipe has not changed. Even the wait staff has acknowledged that the pizza recipe has changed. In my opinion, it is now too thick, and has way too much cheese. Cane Garden is no longer my favorite CC.