View Single Post

Old 07-25-2019, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

First day I knew to cut them some slack. I've been eating at Giovanni's at least once a month for the 8 years we've been here, we're not big eaters and stick to the basics. I like spaghetti with meat sauce, lasagna and pizza. So Giovanni's and their other place Gio's has been great. They're prices are from 25 years ago. Spaghetti with meat sauce, with salad and bread for $6.95. I would pay $10, but don't tell them. Roberto's the prices are little higher, about like Olive Garden.

We figured we would just slip in and order a pizza to go. At least they have decent waiting area, unlike the Giovanni's. We order a large with with green peppers at 12:10. We sat down in waiting area and two other couples we knew from MVP were there waiting for take-out as well. So time went fast and even though we waited until almost 1:00 I didn't mind since it was their first day.

Unfortunately when he brought the pizza it had banana peppers and not green peppers. I don't think the guy taking the order knew the difference. He kept asking when I placed the order if I wanted sausage or anything else besides peppers, I said no, just green peppers. When I saw him later, I mentioned were waiting on the pizza with just green peppers. So when it finally came with banana peppers, I said I'll take it. It was OK, not great, not bad, I think the banana peppers made it too sweet.

Anyway, they have outside seating, I was surprised most all the outside tables were taken since it was so muggy with the light rain. One problem, they have one door. So everyone coming into the restaurant and leaving and waitresses with food are all going in and out through that same door. I hear them say there was about a 15 minute wait for those wanting a table, then I heard them say the kitchen is backed up so it may be 30 minutes more to get your food. This is the way it is at every new place, give it a couple of weeks or if you're not in a hurry, you can go now. It's at the end of Pinellas Plaza nearest the Village of Pinellas where Evergreen Buffet use to be located. Very convenient for those who live along Pinellas Place.

The Villages Florida