Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 07-26-2019, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Very Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Thank you for the information. This is the first time we have been without a dog, our last is my Avatar. We found her in the UK at an excellent Lab breeder. We were only allowed to have her because she did not have all her teeth and would not have been able to be bred in Europe because she was not perfect. Well, she was perfect enough for us and we miss her every day. We have tried to find an English female lab that is past her breeding years, but older dogs are highly prized and unless you know someone who knows someone they are almost impossible to find. My sons still live in NH and there are some great English Labs being bred there, but I don't want a puppy.

Again, thanks for your information.
So sorry for your loss I truly know how you feel. We moved here in 2012 with 3 Polish Lowland Sheepdogs. Unfortunately, Zorro passed less then 2 years after we moved. I understood I could not get another dog because we still had 2. We made an agreement no more dogs and no way ever a puppy. Zeta crossed the bridge last November and we were down to Zuni. It did not take 2 weeks I wanted a dog. My husband agreed as long as it was not a puppy. Short story Ziggy Stardust, an Irish Red Pied Brindle joined our family in December at 3 months old!
I still have a lot of connections in the dog world. Do you want me to put out feelers for an adult English Lab?