Thread: For you RVer's
View Single Post

Old 07-27-2019, 04:55 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,345 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Seems like the RV business in FL is booming. And like trying to get things done in a booming environment sorta like here in TV. All contractors are so busy they lose sight of taking care of customers as we all would like...but they are just so darn busy it seems more difficult than it has to be.

My daughter has a new Freightliner based 41 foot RV less than 6 months old. Inverter has quit working. Dealer says it could be a month before they get a new inverter. Then the issue when to slot the vehicle in for repair. As a result we have had to cancel a long planned round trip journey Westward and back in the month of August.

Hopefully the new set up with the Tampa based buy out will bring with it more timely service.

Not having experience in the realm of RV maintenance/service/repair....it seems less than responsive.

We shall see.
I have learned over the years, we have been running RV's since 1972, that if at all possible do the repairs yourself even if under warranty. We have downsized considerably to a Thor entry level Chateau Class C since we only use it now to go back north to visit on occasion, it has had two problems, one the shower was leaking behind the wall and the other the kitchen sink drain was leaking. I did not want to go back to Orlando so I called Thor and they sent me overnight everything I needed to do the repairs and followed up with me in a few day to see how everything went, all is well after a couple hours work, less time than driving to Orlando and back. Thor has a reputation of being a very low end manufacturer and they are indeed but their customer service department is much better than any I have dealt with in the past. In your daughters case I would call the manufacturer and see if they will sendl her the part directly and if so and if not mechanically inclined pay someone to put it in for her, it beats delaying a vacation and having to let it sit at a dealership for who knows how long. The last DP I purchased was from General RV, it was a Winnebago, I took it in with 12 problems, they told me it was ready to go after 3 weeks, when i picked it up not one of the 12 items were repaired so I never went back. Fortunately Winnebago also sent me all of the parts I needed to do the repairs myself. Most of the manufacturers will send you the parts as they then don't have to pay the dealers for repairs.