View Single Post

Old 07-29-2019, 01:10 PM

We have two carts, both gas, and one automobile. We take the golf carts, weather permitting, for most outings within The Villages. We live in Osceola Hills and drive the cart to Brownwood or to Lake Sumter Landing. Those are within 20 to 30 minutes. Occasionally, for the fun of it, we will take the cart to Spanish Springs or even to the Walmart on 466, both of which are a little longer than 40 minutes by cart. We enjoy leisurely riding in the cart.

If we are going ballroom dancing or to church or to anything where the wife's hair can not be blown by the wind, we go by auto. I golf, and I drive the golf cart from Osceola Hills to all the championship golf courses except for Nancy Lopez; I go by auto there. I can get to the other 11 championship courses from between 10 and 43 minutes. Forty three to Orange Blossom and to Glenview. And I have my cart set at the legal 20 mph; I just plan our trips accordingly.