View Single Post

Old 07-29-2019, 08:13 PM
Sage

OK, fair enough. However, I just don't see much to actually service on these things. For example, on an Yamaha EFI cart, the maintenance issues are oil changes, replace the air filters (2), replace the spark plug, grease the zerk fittings on the clutches, differential fluid changes, replace drive and starter belts when worn, adjust the brake pedal travel, check and adjust the toe-in, rotate the tires, and replacement brushes on the generator/starter. Pretty much everything else will be a replacement when it wears out (clutches, fuel pump, etc.). I see the issue as one of correctly diagnosing when you need to replace a worn out and unrepairable (or not worth the effort to repair) part and not one of routine (and easy) servicing of the items I listed above. If you are saying that the items I listed above are not being routinely done then I would agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGC View Post
Wasn't looking to hi-jack someones thread.

But like I stated, many are finding out that their carts are not being serviced correctly which is leading to extra repairs down the road. I don't think a day goes by that a new customer doesn't say " I don't think my golf car was being properly serviced" By the time they start to look else where, they have spent $1000 or more dollars on repairs. New Carburetor, new fuel pump, new clutches, new hubs etc. All im trying to say is question folks what your being told.

Last edited by biker1; 07-29-2019 at 11:58 PM.