View Single Post

Old 07-31-2019, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
I think that plan creates unnecessary additional complications. The DS now has to have two different subscription rates and that adds accounting steps. And the distribution people have to have two different stacks for the delivery people. They now have to have two different bundles of papers in the car/truck and remember which house gets the insert and which doesn't.

To me, the better solution is to remove the Rec News from the paper entirely. Create an online edition that is updated weekly and publish print copies to be distributed to all the rec centers, sales offices, and any other business that wishes to have them. This allows those that have online capability to get theirs and those who prefer to hold a paper copy to have theirs.
This continues to make the most sense. Saves a lot of money and doesn't create another bunch of options.
BTW mine goes in the recycle bin without ever being opened.
If thousands of tee times can be scheduled weekly, an online Rec News should be a piece of cake!