View Single Post

Old 08-01-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
They already do that. The main argument of this entire thread is that since some people like having this newsletter delivered to their house directly, that everyone should have it - and the cost of delivery to every house should be fully funded by the amenity fee.

The argument against that idea, is that only a small percentage of people who get it automatically, actually want it, and a large percentage is wasted. Wasted paper, wasted man-hours, wasted ink and natural resources to run the machines, and hundreds of thousands of dollars in amenity fees being tossed, unwanted, into the trash.

A suggestion to appease both sides of the argument, is to allow people who DO want it, to continue to get it - for an additional fee. And everyone else stops getting it, thus being ecologically more responsible adults, and saving amenity fee money that can be spent on other things.

By this logic the trash cans should be removed from the postal areas due to the amount of waste that people put in them from mail and not recycling the mail at home. There are a lot of things that are wasted by a lot of people in TV. There should be a survey to determine how many people want to receive it, use it vs do not. Then offer alternatives to be voted on, not forced upon everyone by what could be a minority of people. Adding charges would be just as hard as giving discounts because I do not have a dog, so why should I pay for a dog park.

Also need hard, real numbers and facts about what the savings or lack of, would be for each alternative provided. Do not know the answer but unsubstantiated hyperbole is for sure not the answer.

Just my humble opinion, for what it is worth.