View Single Post

Old 08-03-2019, 04:48 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Well, I see gun and ease of buying as a common denominator,

To be fair, I am not a gun owner, but buying guns sems so easy. and building an arsenal with accessories is becoming common.

It does not happen like this in other countries and thus I suggest maybe just talking about something that, once again, is unique to America. Isn't this the third one this week ?

I just find it offensive to think we simply accept this stuff where our kids and grand kids are gunned down and we stay silent.
Timothy McVeigh killed 168 people, many of whom were children, with a rental truck filled with a mixture of fertilizer and diesel. In Europe there have been numerous murders committed with motor vehicles. Mexico makes it nearly impossible for the average citizen to own a gun. Back in the late 80's or 90's I read a report that in Mexico there were more knife homicides than homicides committed in the US by all means, guns, knives, clubs, fits, etc. In Japan a group of people used sarin gas in an attack on the subway system. 12 people were killed and many injured. Restricting gun ownership won't do much to reduce homicide, a person determined to kill will find some means of doing so.
We have a violence problem in this country, not just gun violence. Look at the so-called anti fascists, they assault people with fists, clubs, and iron pipes. A group of these cowards attacked an Asian media reporter and hospitalized him. No guns used, just fists, feet and clubs. Road rage incidents where people run each other off the road. Spouse abuse, child abuse, elder abuse. Verbal abuse and bullying on the social media outlets causing young children to commit suicide. We need to determine the cause of violence and work on eliminating it. Eliminating the tool used in violence does nothing to stop the violent behavior. I'll say it again, WE HAVE A VIOLENCE PROBLEM in this country that no one is talking about.