Thread: Bad renters
View Single Post

Old 08-05-2019, 02:14 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I have two rentals for over 10 years. Now most of my tenants are repeats and I keep them rented 10 months a year. I have only had two bad tenants over that time period and they just left the place dirty. Didn't think about it and probably wouldn't change anything, but one from NY and one from NJ. Interesting.

Anyway I have rented and have repeat renters from Canada, Iceland, Germany, UK and Thailand with zero issues. From all tenants I get a decent deposit, $750 for the first month and $250 for each additional month unless they are a repeat, than only the $750. I get my rent the first day of the previous month. So January rent is due December 1. I have had very few problems with any tenant. A broken dish here and there and they always tell me, a golf cart not filled with gas when they leave, so I charge them for the gas and my time to fill it. And I don't work cheap. But all in all it has been a positive experience with very few problems. And both homes have been paid off with the rental income as I always put 100% of profits back into the homes. I am running out of things to upgrade at this point so probably time to sell them and buy new ones.