View Single Post

Old 08-05-2019, 04:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERENITY52 View Post
I despise having the government controlling my health care. I had private coverage through my school district which has become my secondary. Now i have medicare as my primary. What worse is that you have no chouce in the matter.
What is worse are the 30 to 50 million people that can't afford to get medicine for their children. Or the 1/2 million families that have to file bankruptcy every year because their "good" coverage through their employee ends up not being so good.

The first case drives a person deeper into debt and desperation as they watch their children grow more and more unhealthy, the second case results in entire families that had "everything" and their kids headed for college and the good life, suddenly bankrupt and with their entire futures lost.

That is what I call worse.

You don't like not having a choice? There is debate on the right way to provide medicare for all - one is to eliminate choice and private insurance, I don't think that has a chance. I am against it. I think Medicare for all must provide basic medical care for all Americans, it should be treated as a right. Then if someone wants and can afford a supplemental private policy there is no reason they should not be able to buy it.