View Single Post

Old 08-08-2019, 05:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
How many have read the article in this month's edition on "Unscrupulous Homeowners"...written by the CEO of RoMac, Don Magruder?

While I am always interested in hearing the 'other side' of any issue and I sympathized with a number of items he brought up, when I read this in the last paragraph...I was almost in shock.

Given that it is nothing short of an implied threat of doing something illegal, I know one contractor that I personally will not be inviting to bid...on any of my future projects.

And yes, I completely understand that he's not implying/saying that his company would do/has done this...it's just the tone of it that disgusted me.

And yes again, I realize there will be those who think there's nothing wrong with what was written...especially since I think there is.
My husband has been a contractor for years and has had plenty of people trying to scam him over the years, I do get it.
On the other hand there is a lot of bad contractors out here that are not licensed and take advantage of the elderly.
the door swings both ways.
If you don't have a good feeling about someone. than trust your gut and stay away! simple advice!