View Single Post

Old 08-08-2019, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I agree this was a very poor choice of words, a few contractors I have dealt with placed liens on the house for large projects, in case I tried to stiff them, then I had to make sure to get a relief of lien (I think that is what it is called) when I paid the bill.
The wording in this article is actually threatening, and I can easily see why people would avoid using the company based on this article.
I would hope that there is some form of apology (sincere) and that they go out of their way to clarify their position (wording in contract/bill, etc.) for any disputes in the future.
While a sincere apology would certainly be warranted, in rereading the whole article a few times it is is easy to see that the entire tone is one of attacking (what I'm guessing is a minority of homeowners)...who try to get out of paying for services rendered.

And as I mentioned previously, I'm sure there are those who have tried to get out of their legal responsibilities, or have been difficult clients, but from the plethora of threads on TOTV of being ripped-off by contractors...that pendulum certainly swings both ways.

Since RoMac seems to be a prime contractor on most of Da Family's home-building, I'm guessing Magruder feels insulated enough from any significant financial fallout...to express his disgusting and threatening views.

I can't help but wonder though, what/how The Developer feels...about this article and its overall tone.

THAT, at least for me...would be very interesting to know.