View Single Post

Old 08-09-2019, 06:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
I started off with a supp plan when i retired and still lived in georgia. For whatever reason, the county i lived in did not have the passport / advantage plan. Moving to the villages has allowed me to drop down to the advantage w passport with a relatively low out of pocket max at $80 / month. I did quite a bit of research and found most of the places out side the villages that i might go w serious issues were covered as in network. I'll be giving the villages health system a try. If you switch from supp to advantage you can switch back within a year w no problems.. Also, since wife has decided to continue working, I might suspend medicare and go under her corporate plan, saving $$$ from IRMAA
Just to be clear - you can switch back at reup time always. You are not locked in forever. There are extenuating circumstances that you can switch in mid year. I do remember seeing something about the first year switch but can't remember what it was. I am long past the first year. There is something about you may pay a higher supplemental with medicare and supplemental because they can charge the supplemental based upon your age Vs if you had been in from day 1.