View Single Post

Old 08-09-2019, 08:17 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
We spent a winter at Ortega Rive Marina, in Jacksonville when we lived on board our boat-most memorable was- On 9/11/2001- I was walking towards the marina office and all the load speakers were commenting about a plane hitting the world trade center in NYc- went back to our boat woke my wife & told her to put the tv on in the master stateroom--nuff said--a few days later we were privileged to attend the Navy anniversary @ NAS JAX--I no longer had any dinner dress, but we dressed, OK the CO of the base said" To those about to go into harms way God Speed"--my wife shed a few tears- as an old war horse I was also moved

This pos t was in to reference to Jacksonville-- so sorry my computer skills are nil
Well put, Chat, and thanks for your service. Our generation has had too many seminal events where we can remember in an instant exactly where we were. JFK, attempt on Reagan, the moon landing, and 9/11 to name a few. I used to pray that my Grandchildren would not have to face so many but the more I deal with the so-called millennial generation, the more I think they need a wakeup call.

Mods, sorry for the off topic post. Now back to Dim Sum.